Friday, September 19, 2008

Training complete!

I really enjoyed class this week, because we got to do more hands on activities and further explore how to use and edit wikis, blogs and webquests. I really enjoy using wikis and experiemented by starting one with a friend of mine. I feel that by doing so I have a better understanding of how they work, since I'm not the only one editing it. I can see a use for these in the classroom. I especially hope to be able to incorporate blogs into my classroom. I feel like students would feel much more classroom envolvement and responsiblity through reporting about the classroom activities.

This week, we actually got to create our own webquest activities. I like researching and finding websites that are good resources for the classroom. I feel that it is very important to make sure the websites are reliable and valid before letting students use them, which is why webquests are very cool, because they lay out the websites for the students. A cool alternative to reading information out of a textbook!

No comments: